StingWrays Swim Team
Who Are We?
The Wray Swim Team is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to improving kids’ swimming abilities while inspiring them to do their best as they compete. In 2017, we celebrated our 40th year. We are run by our members and managed by a board of volunteer parents. Our head coach is team founder, Mary Ann Stults; she is assisted by Gwen West and Brooklynn Lenz.
Our 2023 season will run from Mid-May through Mid-July. Practices begin May 15 for returning swimmers and TBD for new swimmers. We welcome swimmers from ages 5-18. The minimum requirement is that swimmers must be able to swim from one end of the pool to the other using any stroke. Swimmers will be taught various strokes as ability allows.
- Weekly, Monday - Friday
- May 15 - 25: 3:30 - 4:00 PM, Monday - Thursday (new swimmers)
- May 15 - 25: 4:00 - 5:00 PM, Monday - Thursday (returning swimmers)
- May 18 - Swim Clinic featuring coaches and swimmer from UNK, 4:00 PM, Cost $20-25 depending on number of participants.
- No Practice on May 29
- Starting May 30: 7:00 - 8:00 a.m., Ages 11 & up
- Starting May 30: 8:00 - 9:00 a.m., Ages 5 - 10
- The StingWrays will again be joining the Plains Tsunami Swim League this year.
- For more information on this league and when dates of meets are, please click here.
- Meets are not required but are recommended and are fun for the whole family.
Registration and Fees
Open Registration: May 1, 2023 from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at the City Hall Roundhouse.
During this come-and-go, parents will complete registration forms, pay fees, order team suits (suits are available to try on) and order any desired team apparel.
- Team Registration Fee: $70 per swimmer.
- Team suits are not required but information on how to order suits through Swim Outlet will be provided at sign-up.
- Goggles are required and swim caps are optional. Both are available for sale from the club throughout the season at discounted prices.
- Team Apparel is available if people wish to purchase. Prices vary.
Registration fees and fundraisers help to cover the costs of coaches, pool rental, insurance and other overhead expenses.
Scholarships are available if the registration fee is a hardship.
The City of Wray is not affiliated with the StingWrays Swim team. All questions or inquires should be directed to the following:
- Julie Gdanitz, President
- Amber Soehner, Vice President
- Lindsey Paulson, Secretary
- Angela DePue, Treasurer
Email us at: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook at: Wray Swim Team