StingWrays Swim Team
Who Are We?
The Wray Swim Team is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to improving kids’ swimming abilities while inspiring them to do their best as they compete. In 2017, we celebrated our 40th year. We are run by our members and managed by a board of volunteer parents. Our head coach is team founder, Mary Ann Stults; she is assisted by former swimmers, Jennifer Jones and Angie Harms.
Our season runs for 7 weeks and practices begin the Tuesday after Memorial Day. We welcome swimmers from ages 5-18. The minimum requirement is that swimmers must be able to swim from one end of the pool to the other using any stroke. Swimmers will be taught various strokes as ability allows.
- Weekly, Monday - Friday
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m., Ages 12 & up
- 8:00 - 9:00 a.m., Ages 11 & under
- Meets are on Saturdays and rotate between towns.
- In Colorado; Wray, Burlington & Holyoke
- In Kansas; Colby, Goodland & Oberlin/Oakley
- Meets are not required but are recommended and are fun for the whole family.
Registration and Fees
Open Registration: April 4, 2018 from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. at the Wray Rehabilitation Activity Center (WRAC).
During this come-and-go, parents will complete registration forms, pay fees, order team suits (suits are available to try on) and order any desired team apparel.
- Team Registration Fee: $65 for first swimmer, $55 for remaining swimmers in same family.
- Team suits are not required but available. There is a new suit design on odd years. Boys’ suits are approximately $35 and girls’ suits are approximately $55.
- Goggles are required and swim caps are optional. Both are available for sale from the club throughout the season at discounted prices.
- Team Apparel is available if people wish to purchase. Prices vary.
Registration fees and fundraisers help to cover the costs of coaches, pool rental, insurance and other overhead expenses.
Scholarships are available if the registration fee is a hardship.
The City of Wray is not affiliated with the Wray StingWrays Swim team. All questions or inquires should be directed to the following:
- Jacque Jones, President, 970-630-6965
- Susan Godsey, Vice President, 970-630-4501
- Shanon Stults, Secretary, 970-630-5158
- Maggie Freeman, Treasurer, 970-630-7047
Email us at: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook at: Wray Swim Team