Exhibit Collection Donor
The Shady Rest Country Store Collection was donated to the Museum by Edwin “Bud” and Virginia Loeffler who started collecting old store items when they were first married in 1951. Over the years they accumulated a wonderful, large assortment of items. Bud traveled the northern states and parts of Canada for Colorado Fuel and Iron Company and brought home many treasures from his route. Virginia was born in Armel to James and Myrtle Donaldson. In 1928, her parents built the Shady Rest Camp and Store in Wray; they ran it until 1937. This country store has something for everyone and offers a peek into the stores of the past.